Tuesday, June 16, 2009

If nothing else it's a good story

I know I know, I probably owe the internet a post about parenting and maybe my childs' well being ... but that will have to wait. For tonight ladies and gentlemen, I have a good story.

And it goes a little something like this. So tonight, I was minding my own business on the way to the gym (a special thanks to Cora's mom for making this happen). It's raining but not too bad, it's maybe 8:30 and I'm thinking about the 45 minutes I'm about to spend getting to know an elliptical machine at Cardinal Fitness. I'm waiting to make a left turn into the shopping center when I feel a sudden "jolt" hit the car. A few curse words later I realized that the jolt was a 2007 Lincoln MKX. I look up to see the aggressor car had not even tapped the brakes to see if I was alright. No damage check or anything ... just kept on trucking. So I thought ... that's not cool and went to catch up with him. A short "chase" later he pulled over and I pulled up next to him.

So at this point, as the "hittee" I would have thought he would have gotten out of his car and said something to the effect of "Are you ok????" or maybe even "Is there any damage????". Instead he sat in his car and rolled down the window and kind of looked at me silently. If I was on the internet I would have typed WTF ... WTF, world. So I got out of my car with a "chippy" attitude and walked over to his window where he said "What do you need?". I for one was flabbergasted ... like really??? ..... really?????? So anyway after incredulously looking at this guy for about 30 seconds I said "Insurance, name, number?????" ... he proceeded to sit in his car and fumble around for it.

In honor of the Zack Morris appearance on Jimmy Fallon I'm going to take a time out here. So this guy was DA-RUNK, like he had a breath mint in ... but it was not hiding anything. It was 8:30 on a TUESDAY. A TUESDAY!! Like holy crap, call a cab.

Time in.

After getting a chance to look at the damage I determined that it wasn't anything that bad so I kind of lightened up on the guy. He asked my name and info and I got his. Then he asked me what I did for a living, after questioning what that had to do with anything he told me that he was a MUNICIPAL COURT JUDGE. At the time I thought wow that's bad. But I got home and googled him and HE HANDLES THE DUI CASES FOR ONE OF THE SUBURBS. (SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!). Like seriously why would you do that? Why would you put yourself in that position? MUNICIPAL COURT JUDGE.

So anyway now that I've had some time to reflect on it, I can't tell if I should have gotten the cops involved in it. Like now I feel bad I just let a drunk guy drive away. Part of me is like, you're not perfect it's not your place to bust this guy. But if I read someone else got hurt because Drunky McDrunkerson couldn't make it home I'm going to feel like a real jerk.

But anyway ... that's my story. Now that I've broken the silence I'll try to get back and tell you about some parenting experience and the cutest baby in the world.

No comments: