Tuesday, January 12, 2010
We made it! We're here!! No internet in our house (I can not believe everyone in our apartment complex secured their wi-fi), but we're here!!!
So here is a rough break down of how it happened:
1300+ miles driven.
1 snow storm.
8 stops to deice wind shield wipers in the first 3 hours.
28 degrees in the truck cab.
2 pairs of socks and pants worn while driving.
1 interstate shutdown for accident (Always Kentucky ... always).
1 fuel filter on rental truck destroyed.
3 hours waiting for someone to come out to fix it.
100 gallons of diesel fuel lovingly spilled on the interstate
9000 gallons of Diet Mt. Dew consumed.
300 boxes carried.
3 dumpsters "tapped" by the rental truck trying to get out.
2 Cute redheads ... ok, maybe one.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Hi there, remember me? You know, that guy that blogs infrequently ... and when he does blog it's usually about something trivial?? Oh good, you DO remember!
So anyway, I thought I would follow up on what Cora mentioned on her blog last night. Well I guess just the part about moving, I can't really comment on the rest of it. Although now that I know about that sneaky Mrs. G and her scheming ... makes you wonder about her (just kidding!). Anyway, I more wanted to let both people left reading this blog that I am going to make an earnest effort to blog more. I really view this move as a fun new adventure in my life, and I want to share that with people.
So watch this space, hopefully there will be plenty more to come!
Monday, September 14, 2009
I'm sure most of you won't care about this, but I used to write an Ohio State football blog and so I feel a compulsion to write about this weekends game. I don't know, I just need to get its off my perverbial blogger chest.
So to sum up ... that sucked, but I'll take it. I kind of feel sad that not being blown out was the victory that I am going to take from it, but with our recent history you kind of have to take what you can. After surveying facebook I apparently don't think that the Ohio State situation is as bad as most. Here are some notes:
- Terrelle Pryor is a sophomore. No matter what the hype, he's still a sophomore that can not read defenses.
- It feels like Jim Tressel has been bullied/hyped into relying on running a wide open offense because of Terrelle Pryor. He's running the same sets that Troy Smith ran when he was a SENIOR, yet TP is not willing to use his legs as much and can not make the same decisions.
- I'm pretty ok with the defense after that game. I feel like Navy was a fluke and the USC is a better indication of what to expect the rest of the season. Where the heck did Brian Rolle come from? Jermale Hines??
- Matt Barkley is not that good. Joe McKnight was the reason USC won that game, that had little to nothing to do with Matt Barkley.
- Ohio State has no one to blame but themselves. No interception or tackle on the return. touchdown instead of fg, etc.
- Parting thought ... Maybe it wouldn't be the end of the world if Ohio State just blew the rest of the season. I kind of feel like Ohio State needs to reset it's rep on the national and local stage ... just a thought.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Someone (A congress person no less) interrupted a speech from the President of the United States tonight to scream that he is a liar.
Yesterday parents held their children home from school so they would not hear the President of the United States of America tell their children to work hard in school and learn everything they can.
When did this happen? When did it become ok to disrespect the man with the highest office in the country? Like seriously, I know it makes me seem old, but I can't help but think of how I would explain this to little Jack. I could not in good conscious tell him that if you don't agree with something than it's ok just not to be a part of it. Or it's ok to insult someone as long as you don't agree with them. I just find it so sad that there are so few example of good people to show Jack.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
I've always liked this site, so I thought I would share it with you guys.
I just kind of dig his style. He usually works with landscapes and wide angle lenses. I like how he composes his shots, he's pretty good at using the terrain or what is there to frame his subject. I also like that he gives you the technical stats as a mouse over on his pictures. This doesn't mean much if you don't have a SLR camera, but if you do it's nice to see how his pictures come out so nice. And lastly he posts a new picture every day too which is nice.