Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Really?

Someone (A congress person no less) interrupted a speech from the President of the United States tonight to scream that he is a liar.

Yesterday parents held their children home from school so they would not hear the President of the United States of America tell their children to work hard in school and learn everything they can.

When did this happen? When did it become ok to disrespect the man with the highest office in the country? Like seriously, I know it makes me seem old, but I can't help but think of how I would explain this to little Jack. I could not in good conscious tell him that if you don't agree with something than it's ok just not to be a part of it. Or it's ok to insult someone as long as you don't agree with them. I just find it so sad that there are so few example of good people to show Jack.

No comments: