Monday, September 14, 2009

THE Ohio State football team

I'm sure most of you won't care about this, but I used to write an Ohio State football blog and so I feel a compulsion to write about this weekends game. I don't know, I just need to get its off my perverbial blogger chest.

So to sum up ... that sucked, but I'll take it. I kind of feel sad that not being blown out was the victory that I am going to take from it, but with our recent history you kind of have to take what you can. After surveying facebook I apparently don't think that the Ohio State situation is as bad as most. Here are some notes:

  • Terrelle Pryor is a sophomore. No matter what the hype, he's still a sophomore that can not read defenses.
  • It feels like Jim Tressel has been bullied/hyped into relying on running a wide open offense because of Terrelle Pryor. He's running the same sets that Troy Smith ran when he was a SENIOR, yet TP is not willing to use his legs as much and can not make the same decisions.
  • I'm pretty ok with the defense after that game. I feel like Navy was a fluke and the USC is a better indication of what to expect the rest of the season. Where the heck did Brian Rolle come from? Jermale Hines??
  • Matt Barkley is not that good. Joe McKnight was the reason USC won that game, that had little to nothing to do with Matt Barkley.
  • Ohio State has no one to blame but themselves. No interception or tackle on the return. touchdown instead of fg, etc.
  • Parting thought ... Maybe it wouldn't be the end of the world if Ohio State just blew the rest of the season. I kind of feel like Ohio State needs to reset it's rep on the national and local stage ... just a thought.

No comments: