Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Here we go!

So it looks like it's finally going to happen. 4 days after it was supposed to, I hope that tomorrow we welcome a new member to our family. I'm excited, nervous and frightened all at the same time.

To be honest I'm not sure that there is any one thing that I have dedicated this much time and effort to in my life. We have spent so much time trying to get the house and ourselves ready for this child that it's hard to remember what it was like before Cora got pregnant. I feel like I'm not the same person I was when Cora got pregnant, and I think that's a good thing. I feel like I've had a crash course in growing up and I am better off for it. I'm excited for Cora, not only to meet the little guy she has nurtured, but to be able to do things that she hasn't been able to for the last nine months. I'm excited for for our little guy to meet all the people that want to meet him. Friends and Family have sacrificed to be here, sacrificed to meet him and make him a part of their lives. I'm nervous because I have no idea what we are in store for. I am confident we can do it and I'm hoping it will go as well as it can. I hope this time tomorrow I will have a picture of a healthy baby, wife and husband to show you.

3 comments:

Christy said...

YAY! I'll be thinking about you guys all day tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the good news.

Philly said...

So excited for y'all!!

gina said...

YAY!! I am so excited!! Can't wait to see pics of everybody!!!